WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY...
I have struggled with depression for a long time. I had even seen other counselors. Randy Simmonds helped me realize that for me, I was really struggling with a crisis of faith and how I fit into God's love. Finding those answers helped me find the peace I had been searching for for years.
Anxiety and Stress
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. Anxiety often comes when people hold in their fears until they begin to feel anxiety. The signs of an anxiety disorder include:
- Endless checking or rechecking actions.
- A constant and unrealistic worry about everyday occurrences and activities.
- Fear and anxiety that appear for no apparent reason.
Anxiety disorders include the following:
- Panic Disorder: a sudden, uncontrollable attack of terror that can manifest itself with heart palpitations, dizziness, shortness of breath, and an out of control or terribly frightening feeling;
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: excessive anxiety and worry that last for at least six months accompanied by other physical and behavioral problems;
- Social Phobia: a persistent fear of one or more situations in which the person is exposed to possible scrutiny of others;
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: repeated, intrusive and unwanted thoughts that cause anxiety, often accompanied by ritualized behavior that relieve this anxiety;
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: caused when someone experiences a severely distressing or traumatic event. Recurring nightmares and/or flashbacks and unprovoked anger are common symptoms.
By contacting a counselor at the Samaritan Center, those who suffer from an anxiety disorder can take the first step on the road to recovery. According to the National Institutes of Mental Health, 90 percent of people with emotional illnesses will improve or recover if they get treatment.
Anxiety Coach - Dr. David Carbonell - Self-help guide for people who have significant trouble with anxiety and phobias. (http://www.anxietycoach.com/
Answers to Your Questions About Panic Disorder - American Psychological Association fact sheet from their â€œHow Therapy Helpsâ€ series. (http://www.apa.org/topics/anxietyqanda.html)
Anxiety Disorders: The Role of Psychotherapy in Effective Treatment - American Psychological Association fact sheet from their â€œHow Therapy Helpsâ€ series. (http://apahelpcenter.org/articles/article.php?id=46)
Painful Shyness in Children and Adults - Online brochure from the American Psychological Association.( http://www.apahelpcenter.org/featuredtopics/feature.php?id=5)
970-926-8558 ext. 5
970-926-8558 ext. 4
970-926-8558 ext. 3
970-926-8558 ext. 1